Tuesday 27 August 2013

New Documentation Posted and Plans for the rest of GSoC

I spent part of my day today writing documentation for the Minix wiki. The new stuff includes a user guide for the BeagleBone Weather Cape, a developer guide with instructions for supporting new capes, and a developer guide for the I2C /dev interface.

If you remember my preliminary timeline, you know that I'm a bit ahead of where I planned to be at this time. There are still a few more weeks left in Google Summer of Code; the firm pencils down date isn't until September 23. Before it's over, I plan to accomplish a few more tasks...
  • libpadconf support for am335x - when developing the i2c bus driver, I found out the hard way that access to the padconf (i.e. pinmux) registers on the am335x has to be done privileged mode. As a work-around I did the configuration in the kernel at boot. I will be cleaning that up by adding a kernel call to allow the pins to be configured by user space drivers at runtime.
  • frame buffer support for BeagleBone Black - the frame buffer driver currently only supports the BealgeBoard-xM. Since I developed the Minix TDA19988 HDMI Transmitter driver and worked on part of the frame buffer driver previously, it shouldn't be too hard for me to add support for the BeagleBone Black.
  • final week tasks - in the last week I plan to read through all of the code I developed this summer, see if anything can be improved, test everything, review the documentation to make sure it's up to date and accurate, and produce a final report and summary video.

No comments:

Post a Comment