Sunday 18 August 2013

Report 9 (August 12 - August 18)

This is Report #9. I plan to post these every Sunday. They will give a rundown of what I've done during the week, list any problems I had, and what I plan to do the following week. I'll be posting the reports both to the beagle-gsoc Google Group and to my blog.

Completed this week:

  • Rebased against mainline Minix
  • Cleaned up the I2C bus driver based on comments from one of my mentors, Kees. The changes have been merged (commit).
  • Documented EDID Reading and the RTC device protocol on the Minix wiki (here and here).
  • Developed a driver for the TSL2550 Ambient Light Sensor that comes on the WeatherCape. The code is written, and I will test it when I pick up the hardware (either tomorrow or the following day).
  • Began developing a driver for the SHT21 Humidity and Temperature Sensor IC for the WeatherCape.

Issues / Concerns / Challenges:

  • None this week :)

Plan for next week:

  • Test the TSL2550 driver.
  • Finish the SHT21 driver.
  • Develop a BMP085 driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment